Sunday 25 January 2015

Snowdrops

Since my last dogs portrait I've been working on something much more difficult and, surprisingly, demanding much closer attention to detail. It's taken a couple of weeks to do but I can't say any more about it because it's something I've drawn as a gift for someone. I doubt that they would ever visit my blog but I'm going to err on the side of caution and not post the piece here yet. I'm excited about what I've done and am bursting to show you all ..... but it'll have to keep for another couple of weeks.

In the meantime I thought I'd show you my Snowdrops. I am blessed with a garden that oozes Snowdrops at this time of the year and they grow just about everywhere ... in the lawn, in the flower borders, in the gravel driveway and even in crevices between rocks. As a keen photographer I'm always trying to get that perfect shot of them and I must have hundreds of photos. Here is just a small selection together with my latest attempts at both painting and drawing them.

Oh, if any of you want Snowdrop reference photo's for your artwork just let me know and I'll look at the high-resolution originals for you. ;-)











15 comments:

  1. I love snowdrops, but unfortunately they won't grow in my little Milan garden , so I enjoy the sight of your photos, and I really love the bottom drawing .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane. What a shame Snowdrops won't grow in your garden.

      Delete
  2. Amazing photography John! These snow drops are beautiful and your paintings are wonderful! You have my curiosity and I look forward to your future painting..!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to have your curiosity Hilda. Thank you for your lovely comment.

      Delete
  3. Stunning photos, John - and beautiful artistic renditions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John.
    Lovely photos and a wonderful Pencil drawing of your Snowdrops John. All the best.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see that you´ve been busy these few days of the new year John! I´m happy you´ve found your inspiration again. :) I like all of them very much! Including the beautyful photos. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Catharina, I'm feeling much better about the coming year. I hope things soon turn around for you too. Take care. ;-)

      Delete
  6. Seemed to have missed this one, John. Love the drawing!

    Spring just around the corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you say John, spring is just around the corner. Tempus fugit and all that. Thanks for visiting. ;-)

      Delete
  7. Beautiful photo's John, and lovely drawings. Well done. John, just thought about Michael Bailey, is he still blogging and painting. I do hope so. All the best to you.Joan

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated and I value every one. Thank you