Monday 12 November 2007

Trying my new camera

I haven't had huge amounts of time for playing with my new camera, but I have managed to try out most of its functions. One of the things I've been looking forward to the most is the ability to take good macro photo's, especially of my Fuchsia collection. This one is Fuchsia 'Margaret'. Most Fuchsia's are looking very poor this time of the year but this one is as hardy as they come, as you can see. I'm really looking forward to next summer when I shall be able to photograph all the different varieties, and am seriously thinking of creating a "Fuchsia Album" on my web site.

Christmas Cactus
Whether it's the mild weather or not I have no idea, but our Christmas Cactus has been in flower for a few weeks already. I couldn't resist the temptation to get in close and personal with my camera. This was indoor, under artificial lighting, and I confess to many attempts before I achieved what I was after.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated and I value every one. Thank you